sipwitch-devel

Re: [Sipwitch-devel] howto configure sipwitch to allow ua login from pub

From: David Sugar
Subject: Re: [Sipwitch-devel] howto configure sipwitch to allow ua login from public internet
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 09:52:23 -0400

There are two ways something may be denied.  The first is based on
appearing address.  If your coming from what seems like an external
destination, sipwitch may deny based on address, depending on the
<access> rules section of the config.

The second possibility may be that the device presents itself as it's
"from" uri coming from a public internet host (reverse lookup perhaps).
 If the name the device claims to be "from" is not a hostname sipwitch
recognizes, it treats it as "foreign".  This can be solved simply by
adding the appearing from to the list of sipwitch <localnames> that it
will recognize as if "local" to the server, but you need to know where
the ata's claim they are from.