sed-devel

Re: [compile error] execute.c b/c local variable 'stdin' in 'debug_print

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [compile error] execute.c b/c local variable 'stdin' in 'debug_print_input '
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2018 10:15:04 -0600

Hello,

On 2018-10-31 2:12 a.m., Jannick wrote:
First of all: The debug feature is really great - congratulations for that,
guys!! I can say for myself that seeing what is going on behind the scenes
makes it easier a lot to work with sed.

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.
I'm glad to hear it's a useful feature.

Doing the obvious, renaming the variable 'stdin' to, say, '_stdin' in
debug_print_input , remedies the issue for me.

Thanks for the report.
I assume it's an issue specific to the definition of 'stdin' in windows/msys2, as there is no compilation issue with gcc-8.2 on linux.

The attached patch should fix it. Will push soon if there are no objections.

-assaf