Re: Windowlist menu customization

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: Windowlist menu customization
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 23:51:04 +0200

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 16:59:17 -0400
Chris Jones <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 02:26:12PM EDT, Amadeusz Sławiński wrote:
> > On Mon, 25 Jun 2018 12:38:48 -0400
> > Chris Jones <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> Quick update...
>
> For now I'll just use the workaround provided as a demo by the attached file.
>
> If you're interested, just run:
>
>   $ screen -c overview-screenrc
>
> The overview can be toggled via the re-assigned CTRL+a" key combo.
>
> Hitting CTRL+a" again should get you back to where you left off.
>
> Not pretty... but does the job, sort of... ;)
>
> Any chance a proper solution via a --e.g. %O STRING ESCAPE (giving
> access to the last command typed by the user in a given window) might be
> implemented at some point?
>
> Thanks,
>
> CJ

Hi,

the thing is, I'm not sure how would you differentiate between
"command" and random line typed for example in vim.

As mentioned in other mail, there is pretty good way to get command you
are running into window title already.

Alternatively you could try to script some shell function that gets run
before command is executed and after it is done. You could use $WINDOW
and $STY variables to manage them into some kind of temporary database
file.

And then parse this file to display results.

Amadeusz