Re: New release

From: Brian Kroth
Subject: Re: New release
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 08:43:25 -0500

Carsten Mattner <address@hidden> 2012-07-21 14:52:
I've been using screen for many years and it has been almost
4 years since the last official release.

Are there any plans for a new release?
Or should I just use screen from the master branch to get
a recent version?

I completely agree with the sentiment. I think it's (perhaps artificially) holding up inclusion in the major linux distros of a modern screen, which really has some nice new features to offer.

Debian's experimental branch at least has a git based package now, adapted from a recent fedora package, which, from a quick glance, is the only major distro out there to have one.

Thanks,
Brian