Re: How to use Binding for arrow keys/Tabs etc

From: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury
Subject: Re: How to use Binding for arrow keys/Tabs etc
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:45:05 -0500

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Praveer Chaturvedi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to bind
> C-a n to C-<Right> (OR C-<Tab> )
> C-a p to C-<Left> (OR C-<Shift>-<Tab>)

I think you mean you want C-<Right> to trigger the 'next' command etc.?

> This would help me cycle through windows back and forth.
> I did not find enough examples in the manual to understand how to do that.
> My hit and trial with bind command fails asking for ASCII code of the key in
> octal.

You can press C-<Right> in cat, for example, to figure out the key
sequence it generates. For me, it generates \EOc (and \EOd for
C-<Left>). So I would use the following in my screenrc:

  bindkey \033Oc next
  bindkey \033Od prev

Cheers.
Sadrul