Re: Group screen's windows when splited like in terminator

From: mrbrown8
Subject: Re: Group screen's windows when splited like in terminator
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 16:12:23 -0700

On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 12:00:13 -0500 address@hidden writes:

> Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:49:49 +0100
> From: Yuki (aka Rub?n G?mez) <address@hidden>
> Subject: Re: Group screen's windows when splited like in terminator
> To: Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden

> > I am not entirely sure I understand this feature.
> Imagine a screen session with 4 splited windows (as you want, two
> vertical and two horizontals, or whatever). In terminator, doing
> "ctrl+shift+z" you will "zoom" into the splited window, what it means
> to make the current splited window to occupy all the terminal,
> putting
> this windows in the front of the others (as if only exists this
> window). Doing again the shortcut, the window will go to it's first
> position, and you'll see again the 4 splited windows.

Perhaps the 'focusminsize' command might work for you:

focusminsize [ (width|max|_) (height|max|_) ]

This forces any currently selected region to be automatically resized at
least a certain width and height. All other surrounding regions will be
resized in order to accommodate. This constraint follows every time the
focus command is used. The resize command can be used to increase either
dimension of a region, but never below what is set with focusminsize. The
underscore ‘_’ is a synonym for max. Setting a width and height of 0 0
(zero zero) will undo any constraints and allow for manual resizing.
Without any parameters, the minimum width and height is shown.

That, and a couple of 'bind' commands, should get you close to what
you're describing. Hope this helps.

--
Curtis Brown
address@hidden

Hotel
Hotel pics, info and virtual tours.  Click here to book a hotel online.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=d8L8MmdguNDfU0uyR7AEFQAAJ1D2UJvmtE-CSs8k2j9xUyNDAAYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATRAAAAAA=