Re: Group screen's windows when splited like in terminator

From: aka Rubén Gómez
Subject: Re: Group screen's windows when splited like in terminator
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 15:49:49 +0100

2010/3/6 Sadrul Habib Chowdhury <address@hidden>:
> You can use the 'at' command to send the same screen-command to several
> windows at the same time. For example, 'at # stuff "hello"' will stuff
> the string "hello" ins all the windows. There's more explanation in the
> man-page.
I have tested but it's not what I like. Maybe I have to read again the
man page to see all the potential it has.

>> Other option that I like from terminator is to make zoom to the
>> current splited terminal using "Ctrl+Shift+Z" which makes "Toggle
>> between showing all terminals and only showing a scaled version of the
>> current one (zoom)."
>
> I am not entirely sure I understand this feature.
Imagine a screen session with 4 splited windows (as you want, two
vertical and two horizontals, or whatever). In terminator, doing
"ctrl+shift+z" you will "zoom" into the splited window, what it means
to make the current splited window to occupy all the terminal, putting
this windows in the front of the others (as if only exists this
window). Doing again the shortcut, the window will go to it's first
position, and you'll see again the 4 splited windows.

Maybe I can't express myself, but if you have the oportunity to use
terminator you could see how it works and what I mean. I thinks it's
very usefull.