Re: Setting session name when calling screen from script

From: Aaron Davies
Subject: Re: Setting session name when calling screen from script
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:44:33 -0800

On Jan 29, 2010, at 1:46 PM, Thomas Adam wrote:
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 03:30:38PM -0600, address@hidden wrote:

I'm calling screen from a script and want to set the session name based on
run-time parameters. So I'm using a command similar to:

VARNAME=FOO
screen -S $VARNAME

Do you not need to still export VARNAME?

no, it should be being expanded by the shell, not screen, and exporting would only change its visibility inside screen. my guess is either a quoting issue. brad, can you paste the relevant lines of the actual script?
--
Aaron Davies
address@hidden