multi-user screen: switching windows isn't reflected in screen instance

From: David Chanters
Subject: multi-user screen: switching windows isn't reflected in screen instances
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 22:00:47 +0100

Hi all,

I like the feature of multi-user screen.  I often do this via:

screen -x -S somesessionname

And it works great -- until, that is, I change windows in screen (via
^a a, or ^a 1 -- where "1" could be any number depending on the number
of windows in screen).  As soon as I do this, the change is reflect in
that screen instance *only* and NOT the other screen instances which
are shared -- as soon as I switch back to a window which all the other
screen instances are viewing and start typing, then it all works --
and I see all the activity in all of the shared instances.

I clearly consider this a bug -- am I wrong?  I am using screen 4.01,
if that matters, from Debian Sid.

Kindly,

David