keeping system profile in screen

From: Simone F
Subject: keeping system profile in screen
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:35:13 +0100

Hi list

I was wondering what could be the best way of applying the global /etc/profile settings in every new screen instance.
Since a manual `source /etc/profile`  every time a new screen is opened is a little boring.

I tried to put in screenrc
at root*  "/bin/bash --init-file /etc/profile"
or
at root*  "source /etc/profile"
but when screens loads, briefly says 'unknown command /bin/bash/ ....'

I am currently running Screen version 4.00.03jw4 (FAU) 2-May-06
in Debian

Am I missing anything?