Re: `open` command on Mac OS

From: Joseph Lorenzo Hall
Subject: Re: `open` command on Mac OS
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 10:54:47 -0500

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 10:11 AM, Dan Mahoney, System Admin
<address@hidden>

> I would suggest trying to compare the environment outside screen with the
> environment inside a screen session.  Does the OSX man page make any mention
> of variables used?

(this is using `printenv > term_vars.txt`)

The main differences is the TERMCAP, STY and WINDOW variables which
don't seem to be defined outside a screen session.  The TERM var is
`xterm` outside and `screen` inside.  There's a few redundant paths
added to my MANPATH (but that might have to do with sourcing .tcshrc
by screen, where I add a few paths roughly). Finally, SHLVL is `4`
outside and `1` inside.

I'm not sure if that gives any clues. best, Joe