Re: dividers/borders

From: Mads Michelsen
Subject: Re: dividers/borders
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 08:23:54 +0100

Thanks, ths sorendition did the trick once I figured out the syntax.
Nevermind the margins - with the color configuration thing in place, it's not really important.

BTW I notcied you had asked for a way to turn off the caption (I take it, the caption is the bit that has the names of the windows in the open partitions in it?) Was that implemented?

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 1:04 AM, cga2000 <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 06:33:53PM EDT, Mads Michelsen wrote:

>    I'm using Screen 4.1 and have as part of my saved layout a vertical
>    split. I'm very pleased with my Screen setup as a whole but the
>    divider separating the two... uhm partitions?... of the screen is a
>    bit of an eyesore. I've figured out that the color used to draw
>    this is the foreground color of my terminal setting, so changing
>    this also changes my font color, i.e. no go. Is there some way to
>    turn it off or configure it into invisibility?

As per M. Schroeder check the sorendition command in the man page.

You may want to google for "Hard status line in vertical split mode"
(exact wording of phrase under advanced search) and you should take you
to a previous thread with more useful comments from Michael.

>    Second a somewhat related inquiry: Any way to add some margins? I'm
>    thinking both inside partition and outside of Screen as a whole?

??