Re: Weird issue trying to detach/reattach (screen "hangs")

From: Andrew Schulman
Subject: Re: Weird issue trying to detach/reattach (screen "hangs")
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 08:11:07 -0400

> Finally I ran an strace -p on the parent SCREEN process, and suddenly
> everything just began magically working again!
>
> Does anyone know what exactly happened here?

I don't know what happened, but I appreciate the report of a possible
workaround.  Hanging sessions and inability to reattach has been a chronic
complaint for screen in Cygwin.  I thought the problem had been solved, but
recently it's started to happen to me again.  I assumed it was a
Cygwin-specific problem, but your report suggests it might not be.  I'll try
your workaround the next time it happens and post the results here.  Andrew.