Re: Remapping ^a

From: jorgesmbox-ml
Subject: Re: Remapping ^a
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 20:59:24 +0200 (CEST)

I thought I'd post the solution to my problem, in case it is usefull to
someone else (see towards the end of the message for more details):

--- Michael Grant <address@hidden> escribió:

> ok great!
>
> What happens when you put this in your .screenrc:
>
> bindkey "\302\272" command
>
> On 10/22/06, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >  --- Michael Grant <address@hidden> escribió:
> >
> > > What if you do something like this:
> > >
> > > [#2133] od -bc
> > > ^[[15~
> > > 0000000   033 133 061 065 176 012
> > >          033   [   1   5   ~  \n
> > > 0000006
> > >
> > > do you get the 2 bytes or one?
> > >
> >  I get
> >
> > 0000000 302 272 012
> >         302 272  \n
> > 0000003
> >
> > jorges

GREAT! Now it works, although your trick has made º dissapear
completely (before, with escape ºº, I could press º twice and get it on
the console). Still, this is better than before. Thanks.
I'll have to find if I can resucitate º, but this is not high priority.
If you have an extra trick in your bag regarding this I'll welcome it.
If not , you already saved my day anyway.
THANKS a lot for your patience and help.

--- Michael Grant <address@hidden> escribió:
> I like your idea of prefixing it with escape (\033).  What if you try
> this:
>
> bindkey "\033\302\272" stuff "º"
>
> This is in addition to the bindkey below.

At first I thought this didn't work, but after trying a few things I
noticed that Alt+º produced \033\302\272 in od -bc . So I added that
line to my screenrc and now to type º I do ALT-º, voila!
Thanks again,

jorges

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com