Re: backtick metacharacter confused by scrolly wheel in vim

From: Edward Dench
Subject: Re: backtick metacharacter confused by scrolly wheel in vim
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:37:07 -0400

> Don't use a single character - this is the problem with that
I was afraid someone would say that.

Sadly, I have not been able to reproduce
   echo -ne "\e[?1000H" #turn mouse reporting on
Not sure if I was to type that literally.  Also tried a few
combinations of ^[, ^?, and used a different shell.

I think ^\ is one of the better combinations.  I presume you meant,
  escape ^\\
literal character did not come through.

Still a bit sad about the back tick because of the insane speed it
afforded me... Had some problems with a remap before,
but maybe I'll sit down and figure out how to remap backtick
("grave") to send ^\ on my local computer... and use it (ctrl+\) as a standby?
Would that even work? Surely there must be some way to map a single char
to a ctrl+char locally, even if not through X.

Thanks.