Re: X cut and paste

From: Aaron Griffin
Subject: Re: X cut and paste
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 11:15:11 -0500

On 9/20/05, Michael Schroeder
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 12:51:38PM -0500, Aaron Griffin wrote:
> > On 9/15/05, Michael Schroeder
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Planned features for the next release:
> > > - maybe vertical split, if I still have some time left.
> >
> > Hooray!  Out of morbid curiosity, what would be the implications of
> > converting screen to use ncurses (ignoring the workload, of course) -
> > could it be done?  I think it'd improve portability and reduce the
> > code base a bit.... and would give you the capability to handle V/H
> > splits easilly, and even "floating" windows or something....
>
> Actually screen's display functions can do all of this and lots
> more, so there is no need to switch to ncurses.

Hmmm, didn't know that.  I did notice it was possible as the layers
took into account all the information needed already (x,y,h,w).
Admittedly I didn't attempt to patch it because the layers stuff seems
to span 3-4 files, so it was hard to follow.  Maybe I will do
something with it - or at least try.  Would you, by chance, be willing
to accept patches to get rid of the K&R style?  Call me OCD, but if I
was going to work on screen at all I would *have* to clean it up a bit
- and I just might be crazy enough to do it 8)