Re: X cut and paste

From: Michael Schroeder
Subject: Re: X cut and paste
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 19:26:13 +0200

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 10:12:25AM -0700, Felix Rosencrantz wrote:
> >  I'll try to fix it in the next version of screen.
>
> What is the release schedule for the next version of screen?

Now that's a good question. I'd love to spend much time for screen,
but had almost no spare time the last couple of months due to heavy
workload in my job. I hope things will calm down a bit now.

Planned features for the next release:

- sending the tty file descriptor from the frontend to the
  backend over the unix domain socket, so you won't get error
  messages after an 'su' to a different user.
- creating a little suid-root multiuser helper, so that multiuser
  mode doesn't need the big screen binary to be suid-root.
- a couple of minor improvements, like the input buffer problem.
- maybe vertical split, if I still have some time left.

Cheers,
  Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder           address@hidden