re: garbled screenlog

From: Simon Pole
Subject: re: garbled screenlog
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:41:21 -0800

Hi Screen-Users,

Having problems with my screenlogs recording garbled output. A simple log of ls -l seems fine, but when I used the log to record output from an irc and a mud client, the screenlog is filled with extra characters. I assume this has to do with the ansi colour characters used by the clients. Is there any way to convert the log to ascii, or read the ansi characters in the original format?

Cheers
Simon Pole

Example of garbled output:

^[[1m^[[36m READ THIS READ THIS READ THIS READ THIS READ THIS READ T$--------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Original DikuMUD by Hans Staerfeldt, Katja Nyboe, Tom Madsen,
   Michael Seifert and Sebastian Hammer.
   Based on MERC 2.1 code by Hatchet, Fury and Kahn.
^[[36mWelcome to Aardwolf. Please enjoy yourself and help create an^[[3$^[[36m atmosphere in which others can do the same. ^[[37;40;0m
^[[37m^[[37;40;0m
^[[37m Remember to read the announcement board for latest game information$^[[37m^[[37;40;0m