Re: setting up split windows

From: Brian Mathis
Subject: Re: setting up split windows
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:18:46 -0500

alice wrote:
Hi,
Id like to setup a screen session where my girlfriend using putty can
see what I type in a split window.
Is there a way to setup screen to open a split window with a window from
another users session or can it be done using command mode ?

I can't help you with this in screen, but if you're looking to use it for chat, take a look at the old 'talk' or 'ytalk' commands. I'm not sure if they install those any more, but it gives you a split screen where one person types on the top and the other on the bottom.