Re: screen garbles output with centericq

From: Nikolai Weibull
Subject: Re: screen garbles output with centericq
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:04:49 +0100

* webbie-h (Jan 16, 2005 13:40):
> I have a very strange problem when running centericq within a screen.
> If i start centericq without a screen everything is fine (no colours
> tho, vt100 emulation) but when i start it within a screen a number of
> problems occur.
>
> 1: Everything is in ascii, as if i was running centericq with
> parameter -a
> 2: It doesnt display Swedish characters such as รถ
> 3: Output is all messed up and columns arent working

> Redrawing it with Ctrl+L does not help and it works fine without a
> screen so it must be something in how screen passes information on, or
> something.  The thing is that i just upgraded to SuSE 9.2 from 9.0, in
> 9.0 everything was working fine. I tried changing to old versions of
> screen, termcap and ncurses without any luck.

Hm, you should check your termcap/terminfo entries for your terminal.
Also, make sure screen's termcap/terminfo entries are installed.  It's
probably best to check that libtermcap isn't being used, it's nothing
but trouble.  Other than that I can't really say.  About the Swedish
characters, you need to check what LANG/LC_XXX variables are set in your
environment and their values.  Also check what ncurses (wchar_t enabled
or not) you have installed.

More information regarding these items necessary, before an answer can
be crafted,
        nikolai

::: page: www.pcppopper.org  :: fun atm: gf,lps,ruby,lisp,war3 :::