screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] 4.9.0 rc1 => call for testers

From: Alex Naumov
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] 4.9.0 rc1 => call for testers
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 01:51:04 +0200

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 12:17 AM Axel Beckert <abe@deuxchevaux.org> wrote:

Sorry for chiming in late, but I given that
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=screen-v4 shows
already a commit "Release v.4.9.0" tagged v.4.9.0 in the screen-v4
branch from 2 days ago, I assume it's too late already.

Then again, https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/screen/ shows no 4.9.0 release yet.

It will take a few days, I guess. There is one issue with the FTP GNU server right now.
After it is solved and my signed tarball will be available, I will post "news", etc.

> For everyone who sent me patches: please remind me, if I forgot/missed
> something.

I was mostly wondering about https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61504

It looks like it would be a low hanging fruit which annoys at least
some users, but I see no related changes in
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/screen.git/log/?h=screen-v4 so far.

As I said, in case I missed something, please remind me...
It's too late for 4.9.0, but I'm going to release the next version soon.

Cheers,
Alex