screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #48848] ignoring -T parameter

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #48848] ignoring -T parameter
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 15:54:17 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #48848 (project screen):

Follow-up Comment #8:

So I posted why we end up with "screen.xterm" or alike in previous comment.

I think it's more of discussion if we want screen to behave the way it is or
force user input.
I would also assume that user input as long as it's correct takes precedence
over how it behaves currently, so it should probably first check user passed
value and if there is not corresponding termcap proceed with other checks.

And yes, reproduced it:
% echo $TERM
xterm-256color
% screen -c /dev/null -T screen