screen-devel

[screen-devel] [bug #48848] ignoring -T parameter

From: Josef Ridky
Subject: [screen-devel] [bug #48848] ignoring -T parameter
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 10:28:51 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #48848 (project screen):

Hi,

I have found something interesting,
in Fedora (but I don't know, if only there or if is this presented even on
other OS) we are not able to set terminal type to 'screen' only using -T
parameter. Any other terminal value can be set without any problems.

Unfortunately, there is probably presented some heuristic (that is used for
setting vt100 terminal type in case of nonsense terminal type is setted as -T
parameter), which caused this issue. I am just don't know, if this heuristic
is done by screen package or any other system service.

Any ideas?

Regards
Josef

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48848>