screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] [bug #39389] "screen -r" should optionally pick up X1

From: Juergen Weigert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] [bug #39389] "screen -r" should optionally pick up X11 DISPLAY variable from environment
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 09:50:22 +0200

Ssh has an implementation for this. It requires proxying. If we have a developer for this, I can give some coaching.

Cheers, JW

Timothy Miller <address@hidden> schrieb:

Privacy: Public
Assigned to: None
Open/Closed: Open
Discussion Lock: Any
Release: None
Fixed Release: None
Planned Release: None
Work Required: None

Details:

This is apparently a common problem that lots of people complain about: A
user reconnects to an old screen session, but they can't run X11 apps, because
the DISPLAY variable in the session is stale.

I notice that gnu screen correctly picks up the terminal size, type, and
attributes from the environment. So I don't see why the same can't be done
with the X11 DISPLAY variable. (Although there perhaps should be a command
line option for screen to do this, in case the user really wants DISPLAY to be
something different.)

<http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?39389>;

Message sent via/by Savannah
http://savannah.gnu.org/