screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] screen command

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] screen command
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 11:06:45 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 09:40:16PM +0800, Zhi Qiang WW Wei wrote:
> I want to run a command in screen but without logging in screen , is it
> possible? Thanks.

I'm not completely sure what you need, but it's likely one of those:

Command-line options:

       -l and -ln
            turns login mode on or off (for /var/run/utmp updating).
            This can also be defined through the "deflogin" .screenrc
            command.

       -d -m
            Start screen in "detached" mode. This creates a new
            session but doesn't attach to it. This is useful for
            system startup scripts.

       -D -m
            This also starts screen in "detached" mode, but doesn't
            fork a new process. The command exits if the session
            terminates.

Commands for .screenrc:

       deflogin on|off

       Same as the login command except that the default setting for
       new windows is changed. This is initialized with `on' as
       distributed (see config.h.in).

       login [on|off]

       Adds or removes the entry in the utmp database file for the
       current window.  This controls if the window is `logged in'.
       When no parameter is given, the login state of the window is
       toggled. Additionally to that toggle, it is convenient having a
       `log in' and a `log out' key. E.g. `bind I login on' and `bind
       O login off' will map these keys to be C-a I and C-a O. The
       default setting (in config.h.in) should be "on" for a screen
       that runs under suid-root. Use the "deflogin" command to change
       the default login state for new windows. Both commands are only
       present when screen has been compiled with utmp support.

(All copied from the man page)

HTH

                Kind regards, Axel
\ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and News            | address@hidden  (Mail)