screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Re: Load averages patch for HP-UX 11.11

From: William Pursell
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Re: Load averages patch for HP-UX 11.11
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 17:17:28 -0500

Micah Cowan wrote:
> Paul Ackersviller wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me if there are specific autoconf requirements?
>> The 2.59 autoreconf I have on the HP box fails completely on the
>> screen sources.  With 2.63 on NetBSD I get the following.
>> autoheader: WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h',
>> `config.h.bot'
>> autoheader: WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for
>> `config.h.in'
>> autoheader: WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.
>> autoheader:
>> autoheader: WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
>> autoheader: WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows one to define a template
>> without
>> autoheader: WARNING: `acconfig.h':
>> autoheader:
>> autoheader: WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_FUNC_MAIN], 1,
>> autoheader:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])
>> autoheader:
>> autoheader: WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see
>> the
>> autoheader: WARNING: documentation.
>
> I think very recent is required (I have 2.63). The warnings are a known
> issue. They've been fixed by William Pursell, I believe, but probably
> won't go in to the main repository until after the 4.1.0 release

The wrp branch at github available via:
$ git clone address@hidden:wrp/wscreen.git
$ git checkout origin/wrp
is an attempt to modernize the configury.
Also, it uses gnulib's getloadavg, so that
issue should be moot.  I haven't merged with
the savannah branch recently.

Feedback welcome.

--
William Pursell