[task #15731] Submission of Davis Remmel

From: Davis Remmel
Subject: [task #15731] Submission of Davis Remmel
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 18:45:45 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ineiev,

To clarify, you're suggesting that RCU be able to run under a completely-free
OS (like Trisquel), correct?

I want to make sure that you're aware that RCU is a desktop client that
communicates over SSH to a target device. It is no different than an SCP
client. And so, RCU would connect and change the files on whatever target
device was given to it regardless of whether that target device was running
free or nonfree software.

Please confirm your understanding. I will have no problem using Trisquel as
the officially-supported GNU/Linux distribution (instead of Ubuntu), but if
you have a problem with the second point--that the stock tablet itself doesn't
run completely free software--then I will provide evidence of other Savannah
projects which work in the same way as RCU: programs which themselves are free
(SCP or IRC clients), and use a network to connect to a server (RCU is a
client to a tablet server) which may or may not be running free software.

Here is just one program analogous to RCU:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/hdup

Thanks,
Davis

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15731>