[Savannah-register-public] [task #12728] Submission of Whonix

From: adrelanos
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12728] Submission of Whonix
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 16:02:50 +0000

Hi!

For example whonix_workstation/etc/whonixcheck_rawdog/config is ~260 lines. I
got this file together with rawdog debian package, which is licensed under
GPLv2+. I only changed ~5 lines or so. That "config" config file itself didn't
come with a license header.

It seems wrong to add this* copyright notice

# This file is part of Whonix
# Copyright (C) 2012, 2013 adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup dot net>
# See the file COPYING for copying conditions.

on top of it. I don't have any copyright of that file, rather I am a user of
that file under the GPLv2+.

Same for whonix_shared/usr/share/whonix/kde/share/config/kdedrc. I got it with
the kubuntu-settings ubuntu package, which is copyrighted by a lot people and
licensed GPLv3+. Seems wrong to claim copyright on it?

If you tell me that is no issue, I am happy to add this* copyright notice on
top of those kind of files. [I added the source tarball I should have added
when I posted my previous comment.]

(file #29033)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: Whonix-123adretemp.tar.gz      Size:989 KB