[Savannah-register-public] [task #12519] Submission of MLV Library

From: Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #12519] Submission of MLV Library
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 19:27:28 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hi, Adrien.

Let's use your Savannah tracker to discuss your project submission. It's
better this way to keep the process transparent:
https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?12519 .

Now let me answer your questions about the remaining files without copyright
and license notices.

Hi, Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo,

I am still working on the modifications you ask me.
Currently, all is done except for the following files:

* packaging/debian/debian/control.in
  ckaging/debian/debian/libmlv.symbols.in
  packaging/debian/debian/rules
  packaging/fedora/rpmbuild/SPECS/mlv.spec.in

  For that files i don't know how to add comments.
  Curently, i'am searching the way to do that.

For Debian packages, I recommend you use the standard _copyright_ file to
indicate the copyright and license notices for both source and the package.
See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html.

Now, in the spec file for RPM packages you can include comments using a #
character. See
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora_Draft_Documentation/0.1/html/Packagers_Guide/chap-Packagers_Guide-Spec_File_Reference-Comments.html.

* packaging/windows/cross-compilation/external_libraries/*

  The files present in that directory are not a part of
  the MLV Library.
  I use them to construct a chain of compilation for mingw-32.
  Are we obliged to add licences ?

You have to use those libraries according to their respective licenses.

I'll ask for advice, however, and then come back to you with more
information.

* examples/advanced/gallop.ogg
  examples/advanced/walk.ogg

  These files will be changed.
  I will need more time to find new ones.
  Normaly, i have chosen them in an open project,
  but i forget where.

Here's a walking sound
http://opengameart.org/content/foot-walking-step-sounds-on-stone-water-snow-wood-and-dirt.
I couldn't find a gallop, though. I'd suggest to look for more sounds on
https://libregamewiki.org/Real-time_strategy_games. Or use the same walk sound
provisionally.

* examples/advanced/ub1.jpg
  examples/advanced/upe_mlv.png

  I don't know what to do for that 2 files.
  They are University logos.
  I don't know the author of the image.
  I don't know if there is a licence for the 2 images.
  I think that it will be difficult to obtain all the missing informations.
  There is an alternative solution for that two files ?

I'll ask for advice on this and then come back to you with more information.

I will continue to do the modifications you ask me.

To wait for that moment, I give you a new url of the current modifications:
http://www.labri.fr/perso/boussica/savannah/mlv-1.0.1.tar.gz

Adrien, also, remember to add copyright and license notices of audio and image
files in a README file placed in their containing directory.

Regards.

  Mensaje enviado vía/por Savannah