[Savannah-register-public] [task #11408] Submission of Free Reservation

From: Bernhard Fastenrath
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #11408] Submission of Free Reservation System
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 10:33:53 +0000

There is no point to assign an independent copyright to the JAXB generated
content, because it has been generated from http://esp.nongnu.org/esp.xsd.gz,
which is already under GPL. I suppose the same files could be generated with
the GNU Java toolchain (but I didn't verify that).

I do think the tar file is an established distribution standard. The jar file
is merely an internal packaging that could be removed. My idea is to keep the
source tree in a jar file and put the documentation directly into the tar
file. Thus one could import the jar file as a project into Eclipse, for
instance.

I suppose you don't consider the reference to
http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Open_Source_Ethics in the header of
org/nongnu/frs/service/opentravel/OTAConnector.java a problem either?

It raises, among other things, the question how reliable the code review of
open and free software can be expected to be.
I did try to start a project for code review and code signing
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/csca) once but there was apparently no
interest in the topic.

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah