[Savannah-register-public] [task #9801] Submission of Hacker Radio Rec

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9801] Submission of Hacker Radio Rec
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 19:03:56 +0000

Don't worry about lateness. I am going to late a lot I am afraid.

Here are my issues:

These I think are the blockers:

I need more explanation on the file hrr.conf . It has some strange text that
I think is not readable. How does one go about editing it?

There are many files that do not have copyright in them. Your supporting
files should have some sort of copyright notice in them as well.

These include Makefiles, scripts, and documentation. If you think that
placing these files under the GPL is too much, you are allowed to place under
the public domain or some other all-permissive license. These include the WTF
PL and the GNU All-permissive licenses. All of these would require you to
place your copyright notice in them.

http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Other-Files.html
http://sam.zoy.org/wtfpl/COPYING

Here are issues I think are not blockers:

Your GNU GPL copying permissions notice is not placed correctly. It is
missing the last paragraph detailing where the license can be found if it is
not included. This helps when someone copies your project and gives it to
someone else. Please, compare your permissions with the one I showed in
comment #6.

Your copyright notice goes before the copying permissions notice.

By the way you can not use the GNU GPL for documentation, since it is
incompatible with the GNU Free Documentation License. You currently don't have
a manual as you say in MANUAL, so this is a non-issue. You can find the GNU
FDL compatible licenses here:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#FreeDocumentationLicenses