[Savannah-register-public] [task #8857] Submission of ka-Map! 2

From: Lorenzo Becchi
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8857] Submission of ka-Map! 2
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 13:28:39 +0000

Nicodemo, thanks for your very complete analysis.

answers inline:

Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:

> To register on this site, do not refer to it as "open source", but rather
> free software or libre software. Use GNU/Linux or Free Operating system to
> refer to GNU/Linux. Linux is only a kernel and does not give the
functionality
> that comes with the GNU software to make it an operating system. Do not
refer
> to it as BSD-alike or the BSD license. Please refer the 3 clause license
as
> the "modified BSD license."

makes absolutely sense to me.
updated in all matching files

> There is a folder for OpenLayers in the tarball. I understand it is a
> dependency, so there should not be a need to distribute it with the
project.
> Do not use the word open to refer to free software. There are other
references
> to the project as "open source" should not be.

You are right about Openlayers (OL) but this is an exception. The
distribution we make of OL is a sub-selection of packages and then. The
original OL is not distributed like that even if it is possible with some
scripts distributed with it to make such a sub-selection.

> There is a copyrighted file by Danny Goodman, with "All Rights Reserved",
but
> no license notice. This should be either removed or have a public
confirmation
> that it was relicensed to something compatible with the GPL license.
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#GPLCompatibleLicenses
>
> ka-map2/htdocs/lib/js/DHTMLapi.js
>
> These file does not have a license notice. Are they trivial, that they
should
> not require a license?

we don't need that file anymore.
this file has been deleted

> htdocs/examples/test.html

license added

> htdocs/index.html

license added

> htdocs/tools/kaSearch/livesearch.js

license added

> htdocs/tools/kaSearch/livesearch.js.save

this file has been deleted

> htdocs/tools/ui/kaExplorer/ol_override.css

this file has been deleted

> It is best to place a license notice, with the copyright information for
the
> pertaining images in the images directory.

done

tarball updated:
http://www.ominiverdi.org/ka-map/tmp/kaMap2/ka-map2.tar.gz

thanks for your time