[Savannah-register-public] [task #8986] Submission of ClanBomber

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #8986] Submission of ClanBomber
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 00:43:00 +0000

> The only other solution I can think of is to strip of all old
> clanlib files from the project and tell the users where to find
> them

I'm sorry, but "user does the link" was not a solution for NeXT in porting
GCC, and it's not a solution here.  As long as the program needs the files,
they are effectively part of the package, whether they are distributed
separately or not.

In other words, the files must be relicensed (by their authors) or the need
for them eliminated.

IMHO, we don't think we need to go so far as to undo your project
registration, as long as you promise to make the rewrite to use the standard
classes (or backporting other compatible code) a priority.  Ok?

Thanks,
Karl