[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #8944] Submission of GnuPG Sharp

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #8944] Submission of GnuPG Sharp
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:07:06 -0600

[Resending to the list since my original post bounced.]

    I'm not trilled by this - just because another project decides to
    use 'open' doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

If it was just some project, I would agree.  But I'm under the
impression that OpenPGP is the official name of the protocol.

We acknowledge and cooperate with a number of projects that have "Open"
in the name -- openstreetmap comes to mind.  We don't agree with their
choice of name, but what they are doing is sufficiently important that
we don't just ignore them because of their name.

Anyway, if you think it should be gpg-sharp, I won't argue.

karl