[Savannah-register-public] [task #7793] Submission of Opéra Libre

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7793] Submission of Opéra Libre
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 01:23:51 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9712> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9712>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Opéra Libre*
* System Name:  *opera-libre*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v2 or later (I am absolutely positive
about this licensing choice; I know it's an unusual choice for music (most of
the time, Creative Commons or Free Art licences are prefered), but since I
develop this opera just like a software (using git), my whole point is to
license *both* the score and its source code (otherwise the score couldn't be
adapted, transposed, translated or even forked).)

----

Greetings,
I'm a French composer and music teacher; I am also a member of the
GNU/LilyPond development team.
I am writing a contemporary opera for one of the biggest French theaters. The
score is written entirely using LilyPond; and its source code is meant to be
released under the GPL license.
This way, I want to make sure that the score will remain freely available to
the public, the musicians, the translators, the teachers or composers that
would be interested in producing transcriptions, adaptations or even
completely new works using either parts of my code as a framework, or music
materials such as themes, scales, chords or whatever.
Plus, I want to take it as an opportunity to do a lot of pedagogy and Public
Relations about free licenses, non-proprietary artistic diffusion, and so
on...

==== Other Software Required: ====
The only dependency is GNU/LilyPond, a free and cross-platform software
available on http://lilypond.org

You can see a complete list of LilyPond's own dependencies on
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.11/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Requirements

==== Other Comments: ====
I am well aware that this project is not strictly speaking a software;
however I'd be glad to join the GNU project, as I think that the GNU values
are not to be limited to software only, but also to the Culture in general.
I do need a hosting support, but what I'm mostly looking for is some
legitimacy: any support from the Free Software community would make presenting
(and promoting) my work and its license much easier... as many people regard
Free development as a marginal insanity :(

==== Tarball URL: ====
http://savannah.gnu.org/submissions_uploads/Opera Libre.tar.gz

  Message posté via/par Savannah