[Savannah-register-public] [task #5620] Submission of Open-Simulation-Pl

From: Steven Robson
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #5620] Submission of Open-Simulation-Platform
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 20:54:36 +0000

             Assigned to:                    None => stevenr

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi,

Firstly, you must determine whether your project can run on a Free Software
Java suite (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more information).

We recommend you to test your project using GCJ and GNU Classpath, and ensure
that your Java code runs on this Free Software Java suite.

GCJ is the GNU Compiler for Java, part of the GCC (GNU Compiler Collection).
The Classpath project aims to develop a free and portable implementation of
the Java API (the classes in the 'java' package).

More information is available at http://gcc.gnu.org/ and
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/ .

Please provide us with more information about this point.

Secondly, in order to release your project properly and unambiguously under
the LGPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy statements at
the beginning of every copyrightable file, usually any file more than 10 lines
long. Currently, a few of your files are missing these statements.

In addition, if you haven't already, please include a copy of the plain text
version of the GNU LGPL, available from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.txt,
into a file named "COPYING".

If some of your files cannot carry such notices (e.g. binary or image files),
then you can add a README file in the same directory containing the copyright
and license notices. Check
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html for further
information.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html#SEC4.

Additionally, please remove GIF image files from your project and replace
them with an other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to have free
software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply to the compress
program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

Finally, Savannah's mission is to host free software projects, and we want
the public to think of them as free software projects.  A project name that
says "open" will tend to lead people to think of the project as "open source"
instead of "free software".

We would be glad if you accept to use "free" instead of "open" in your
project name.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide us
with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we will
reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

To help us better keep track of your registration, please use the tracker's
web interface following the link below. Do not reply directly, the
registration process is not driven by e-mail, and we will not receive such