[Savannah-register-public] [task #3928] Submission of antennavis

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #3928] Submission of antennavis
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:35:26 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

Site Admin. Approval/Edition URL:
 <https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7457>

###### ORIGINAL SUBMISSION DETAILS ######

System Group Name:
-----------------
  antennavis

Full Name:
----------
  antennavis

Type:
-----
  non-GNU

License:
--------
  GNU General Public License V2 or later

Other License:
--------------
  The included togl library has an MIT license.

------------
  I would like to request project space for antennavis. Antennavis is a
visualization toolkit designed to aid the user in better understanding the
data output by the NEC2 antenna modelling software. The original project URL
is at: http://n5xu.ae.utexas.edu/antennavis. The license is GPL and included
with the source code is part of the togl library, a Tk widget for OpenGL
rendering: http://togl.sourceforge.net. Togl has an MIT-like license, see the
short thread at debian-legal:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2005/03/msg00471.html.

I have put some effort in creating a useable debian package and have arrived
at a stage where I have made so many source code changes that a new version
would be justified. The original project has been dead since february 2000
and I have talked to the author about further development of antennavis on a
project page at savannah. Here is his reply:
Antennavis was really just a two or three week project for one of my
grad school classes.  We needed to demonstrate data visualization through
computer graphics.  We weren't really aiming for anything especially complex,
and it only ever ran on SGI IRIX.

If you would like to put it on sourceforge or wherever, that's fine with me.
--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
address@hidden

Other Software Required: