savannah-hackers

Re: Maybe, I could be useful?

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Maybe, I could be useful?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 01:24:45 +0000

Hello, Bohdan!

On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 07:46:27AM +0200, Bohdan Kovalchuk via Use
https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=administration wrote:
> I have joined "Savannah" a few days ago and found out that it does not
> supports my native laguage (which is Ukrainian). To make a long story short,
> I would like to help you transtale the website into Ukrainian, if it's going
> to be useful, but I dunno how to start. :-(

Thanks for volunteering!

Translations of Savane are managed through the Translation Project; in order
to make a translation, you should join its Ukrainian team [0].  (However,
the task may turn out too large for a novice.)

> I have a lot of free time lately and a will to help the GNU community in any
> possible way.

The GNU Project has a page for people like you [1]; in fact, I believe
that just carefully reading articles in its "Philosophy" section [2]
would be a good start and considerable help by itself.

[0] https://translationproject.org/team/uk.html
[1] https://www.gnu.org/help/help.html
[2] https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html