savannah-hackers

[sr #110471] Webpage of vscode-texinfo doesn't appear

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: [sr #110471] Webpage of vscode-texinfo doesn't appear
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 21:50:09 -0400 (EDT)

Update of sr #110471 (project administration):

Follow-up Comment #4:

[comment #3 comment #3:]
> > Things should be in good shape now.
>
> The webpages work as expected. New commits to the CVS repository
> also automatically update the web pages.
>
> The problem is solved now. Thanks again for your support.

Great to hear, cheers!

> > I noticed that the page it redirects to shows up blank when using
> > the LibreJS add-on for firefox-based browsers such as GNU IceCat,
> > or when loading JavaScript is disabled.
>
> The homepage redirects to a page in Open VSX Registry where a binary
> release of the project is hosted.
>
> Both server and client side of Open VSX Registry is free (under
> Eclipse Public License 2.0), but its JavaScript code does not
> conform to LibreJS' requirements for free JavaScript. I believe it's
> okay to use that site (as long as it is still free).

Aha okay I see.  Yeah I think that's fine, though it would certainly
have been nice if their site was LibreJS-compliant.

> > It would be a good idea to offer a simple site for the project on
> > nongnu.org
>
> In fact, users don't have to visit any website to download a release
> of this project. They can do that directly on a supported code
> editor (such as VSCodium).
>
> So there's no need to write another homepage for that purpose.  Now
> I'm only using nongnu.org for hosting the user manual.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the explanations, and best of luck with your
project.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110471>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/