savannah-hackers

[sr #110471] Webpage of vscode-texinfo doesn't appear

From: CismonX
Subject: [sr #110471] Webpage of vscode-texinfo doesn't appear
Date: Tue, 4 May 2021 18:01:45 -0400 (EDT)

> Things should be in good shape now.

The webpages work as expected. New commits to the CVS repository also
automatically update the web pages.

The problem is solved now. Thanks again for your support.

> I noticed that the page it redirects to shows up blank when using the
LibreJS add-on for firefox-based browsers such as GNU IceCat, or when loading
JavaScript is disabled.

The homepage redirects to a page in Open VSX Registry where a binary release
of the project is hosted.

Both server and client side of Open VSX Registry is free (under Eclipse Public
License 2.0), but its JavaScript code does not conform to LibreJS'
requirements for free JavaScript. I believe it's okay to use that site (as
long as it is still free).

> It would be a good idea to offer a simple site for the project on
nongnu.org

In fact, users don't have to visit any website to download a release of this
project. They can do that directly on a supported code editor (such as
VSCodium).

So there's no need to write another homepage for that purpose. Now I'm only
using nongnu.org for hosting the user manual.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?110471>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/