savannah-hackers

[sr #109942] restore automake-commit mail?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [sr #109942] restore automake-commit mail?
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 17:23:29 -0500 (EST)

Update of sr #109942 (project administration):

Follow-up Comment #20:

Indeed, my next commit to automake came in as address@hidden. While not exactly
correct, it seems good enough. I imagine it ends up as
<savannah-user-name>@gnu.org, which may or may not be a valid email address.
But that's ok.

*-commits -- the commit with full new versions of modified files.
*-diffs -- the commit with diffs against the previous version.

As I wrote, in the non-git world (log_accum), these were two separate things.
The Savannah project admin UI was, for a simple example:
https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/admin/?group=fontutils
which just sends the full commit mail, no diffs.

And it supported other features, filtering by directory, etc. See ...=emacs
for a more complex example, no longer active at all afaik. I think none of
this is supported with git commit email.

Anyway, since the Emacs people haven't worried about it for 12 years, there's
no point in us worrying about it now.

I am, happily, finally closing this bug. Thanks again!

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?109942>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/