[Savannah-dev] [Bug #765] Broken link: to ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/savannah/

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #765] Broken link: to ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/savannah/
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 05:05:31 -0400

=================== BUG #765: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=765&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Jun-27 11:05 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Category | Site Admin                | Download area
            Severity | 5 - Average               | 3 - Ordinary
            Priority | None                      | Later
          Resolution | None                      | Remind
         Assigned to | None                      | yeupou

Well, this is not really a bug.

Each GNU packages have a download area at ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu

Since savannah isn't targetted to packaging effort, we dont use this space and
the savannah directory does not even exists.

We could modify the PHP engine to reflect this exception (and so, no "Files"
link would exists) but I dont think it is really useful and if some day for a
reason or another we decide to use this download area, we'll have to undo the
manipulation.
The more acceptable solution seems to create a savannah dir in ftp.gnu.org with
a copy of the savannah README.

=================== BUG #765: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: yarick123                 Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Jun-27 10:27
Category:  Download area                Severity:  3 - Ordinary

Original Submission:  in on the page http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/savannah/
there is broken link "Anonymous FTP Space" to nonexistent
"ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/savannah/";

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Jun-27 11:05             By: yeupou
Well, this is not really a bug.

Each GNU packages have a download area at ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu

Since savannah isn't targetted to packaging effort, we dont use this space and
the savannah directory does not even exists.

We could modify the PHP engine to reflect this exception (and so, no "Files"
link would exists) but I dont think it is really useful and if some day for a
reason or another we decide to use this download area, we'll have to undo the
manipulation.
The more acceptable solution seems to create a savannah dir in ftp.gnu.org with
a copy of the savannah README.

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=765&group_id=11