[Savannah-dev] [Bug #499] Awkwardly phrased FAQs

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #499] Awkwardly phrased FAQs
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 15:43:38 -0400

=================== BUG #499: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=499&group_id=11

Changes by: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-May-30 21:43 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | Later                     | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Ok, fixed.

The first case not really convince me since the goal of this 'question' is to
give a preview of the registration process, not to explain the meaning of the
registration process.

=================== BUG #499: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: alexl                     Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-May-29 08:58
Category:  Content                      Severity:  3 - Ordinary

Original Submission:  Several of the FAQ questions are rather awkwardly
phrased, I would suggest changing:

"How is the registration process?"

to:

"What is the registration process?"

Similarly

"How to upload my project?"

would read better as:

"How do I upload my project?"

The following questions also make some minor grammatical errors, mainly
relating to misusing the plural form of a verb or noun:

"Is there some delays on update?"

-> "Are there some delays on update?"

"Is there some places on internet to get more informations ?"

-> "Are there places on the Internet to get more information?"

"Are PHP and MySQL availables?"

-> "Are PHP and MySQL available?"

That's it!  Mostly minor, but the site would read better if they were fixed.
Keep up the good work!

(Also there is a typo in the answer to this question "Regitration
prerequisite.." should be "Registration prerequisite")

Follow-up Comments

Date: 2002-May-30 21:43             By: yeupou
Ok, fixed.

Date: 2002-May-29 11:15             By: yeupou
I'll fix this soon, while enhancing the whole FAQ system.

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=499&group_id=11