reproduce-devel

[task #15390] Installing GNU C Library within project

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [task #15390] Installing GNU C Library within project
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 18:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #10, task #15390 (project reproduce):

Thanks for the explanation (reminder) Mohammad! :)

So installing _gnulib_ as a separate package would be a low priority, I agree,
since it's for package developers. So it *is* independent of the _glibc_
task.

Pedantically, I see that _gnulib_ *is* a package in Debian (literally
speaking, it's built and installed independently) with just two executables:
_check-module_ and _gnulib-tool_.

The usage

gnulib-tool --import [module1 ... moduleN]

looks especially interesting for a package like _cosmdist_ . That's now on my
TODO list to try some time...

Of course,

 dpkg -L gnulib |wc
   9349    9349  411942

so you're right that the overwhelming bulk of _gnulib_ is for choosing the
particular source files (and creating the right sort of configure and
Makefiles and so on) needed for a particular target package.

So this thread can return to _glibc_ ... :)

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15390>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/