reproduce-devel

[task #15763] Showing Git colored output in ./project shell

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15763] Showing Git colored output in ./project shell
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 08:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

The './project shell' feature is a very useful new feature of Maneage, where
you can interactively go inside the built environment and use the software
that were built within Maneage, independent of the operating system.

Once nice example of such a software is Git! The host may not have Git at all,
or its Git version may be very old.

But I just noticed that when we run 'git status' or 'git diff' within the
'./project shell' environment, Git doesn't color-code the file names or line
numbers.

We should find the environment variable or installation setting that enables
this feature and include it to have a reasonable color-coded output with Git
and help in the usability of './project shell'.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15763>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/