reproduce-devel

[task #15620] Creating a series of short videos explaining all angles to

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15620] Creating a series of short videos explaining all angles to Maneage
Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 20:15:45 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #6, task #15620 (project reproduce):

Thanks for mentioning Git LFS! I also confronted it while learning the LSST
pipeline.

The problem with it is that it requires a third repository for the large
files.

In our context, if we had such a repository, we wouldn't need Git any more
;-)! In our usage, Git is effectively just to allow easy copying/pasting of
the files, to move them around. As I mentioned before, we won't be
editing/changing the videos, once they go in the repository, the only change
we may(!) do is to delete them.

If we later generate videos automatically (for example through some fancy
feature like asciinema <https://asciinema.org>, then we'll keep the source of
that and won't archive any resulting video, since we can always reproduce it
;-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15620>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/