repo-criteria-discuss

Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Libreoffice SpreadSheet Template for Evaluat

From: Mike Gerwitz
Subject: Re: [Repo-criteria-discuss] Libreoffice SpreadSheet Template for Evaluating Repos
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2018 22:27:40 -0400

Hey, Felix:

(Removing Zak from CC; he's no longer with the FSF.  Molly de Blanc has
taken over his responsibilities.)

On Mon, Jun 04, 2018 at 09:55:51 +0200, FĂ©lix Brezo (Personal) wrote:
> Sorry for this opportunistic refloat (because of Microsoft's movement
> towards Github), but I feel that this Launchpad evaluation I am
> replying to can be interesting to be added to the list in
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html>.

We need a volunteer to make the changes to the list; I'm unfortunately
spread too thin.  Are you interested and capable of making HTML changes,
or would you know someone who is?

> Launchpad's evaluation according to the report we did in 2016 was a C
> with just one thing to promote to B:
>
> B0 | All code sent to the user's browser must be free software and
> labeled for LibreJS or other suitable free automatic license analyzer,
> regardless of whether the site functions when the user disables this
> code. (B0) | Failed | No. At least 13 scripts detected by LibreJS as
> inline, nonfree.

I appreciate the work.  2016 was a while ago, though, and things may
have changed, so it'd be worth a quick look through to make sure
everything is still accurate.

--
Mike Gerwitz
Free Software Hacker+Activist | GNU Maintainer & Volunteer