Re: Trying to install beta in CentOS 8 -- missing py3libacl, python3-pyx

From: Robert Nichols
Subject: Re: Trying to install beta in CentOS 8 -- missing py3libacl, python3-pyxattr
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 15:00:20 -0600

On 1/6/20 3:18 AM, EricZolf wrote:
Hi,

You could simply install the libraries with pip: `sudo pip3 install pylibacl
pyxattr` (or with `pip3 install --user ...` if you only want to use
rdiff-backup under one specific user). Just make sure you don't install both
via rpm and pip. The README [1] describes how to install the wheel.

@Frank the dependencies py3libacl and python3-pyxattr of the RPM should only be
recommendations IMHO

Hope this helps, Eric

[1] https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup#on-linux