Ubuntu/Debian users: please help testing rdiff-backup Python 3 version!

From: Otto Kekäläinen
Subject: Ubuntu/Debian users: please help testing rdiff-backup Python 3 version!
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 12:19:44 +0200

Hello!

We have now a PPA for rdiff-backup which has daily development builds
based on latest git master. I would be very happy if the Ubuntu/Debian
users on this mailing list could participate in the rdiff-backup
Python 3 rewrite project on their own behalf by testing out the
development versions and filing bugs/debugging/fixing them at
https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup to the extent you have
Python skills.

Quick install steps:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup-development
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install rdiff-backup

If you encounter bugs, file them at:

https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues

I am also interested in finding co-maintainers for the packaging and
project in Debian/Ubuntu (e.g. https://launchpad.net/rdiff-backup,
https://github.com/rdiff-backup/rdiff-backup/issues/55). Let me know
if you want to help!

- Otto