[rdiff-backup-users] Windows backup to Linux Server

From: Stephen Butler
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Windows backup to Linux Server
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 05:01:01 +0000

Hi all,

I've just started experimenting with rdiff-backup and have it working fine in the following way.

local backup
rdiff-backup c:\source c:\dest

network backup using mapped network drive on windows 7 to our networked backup server.
rdiff-backup c:\source z:\dest

The network computer is microcore linux, running samba shares for our backups.

I'm wondering if there is advantages in sending the rdiff backup from windows to the linux server via ssh ?

I had hopped that I would find information about this at this page.

But the page is deleted, Can anyone perhaps refer me to a page that explains the advantages if any and how to set this up ?

Thanks,
Remus.